I love a good cause; especially ones that can't be commercialized or turned into a Hallmark Holiday, and this is a good cause. Click on the link and get your free 'No Farms No Food' bumper sticker.
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
A few months ago I got a slew of these for my family and friends, and we all now sport "No Farms No Food" bumper stickers :-) The back of the sticker (i.e. the part you peel away) also has an interesting fact: "America loses two acres of farm and ranch land to sprawling development every minute." I am not sure how that is calculated or where the data comes from, but the thought certainly is there, whatever the exact figure may be. Much to ponder.
The thing I also can't stand is how everyone hates a rainy day. How do they think our food grows? Or we get running water in our house, for that matter? I guess to the grumbling, I'll reply " no rain, no food!" Our local farm advocacy's slogan is "eat the view or lose it!" as in eat local or we'll lose our farms.
2 comments:
A few months ago I got a slew of these for my family and friends, and we all now sport "No Farms No Food" bumper stickers :-)
The back of the sticker (i.e. the part you peel away) also has an interesting fact: "America loses two acres of farm and ranch land to sprawling development every minute." I am not sure how that is calculated or where the data comes from, but the thought certainly is there, whatever the exact figure may be. Much to ponder.
The thing I also can't stand is how everyone hates a rainy day. How do they think our food grows? Or we get running water in our house, for that matter? I guess to the grumbling, I'll reply " no rain, no food!" Our local farm advocacy's slogan is "eat the view or lose it!" as in eat local or we'll lose our farms.
Post a Comment