It's quiet...too quiet here at Chicky-Bit Run. Sounds like the cold-strips are kicking in as everyone is sound asleep and breathing easily.
It's been a Nyquil kind of week this week..."sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever" but I think we're finally on the home stretch to recovery. And thank Goodness! Spring colds are simply the worst...when you look outside and it's beautiful and sunny, and you *want* to go outside so badly, but you can't muster the energy to crawl out of bed. Yeah, spring colds are like that. We were blessed with a healthy family all winter, so I guess I shouldn't quarrel about one little head cold.
Yesterday we spent the day at home, camped out on the living room floor watching cartoons all day, which was really rather pleasant despite the cold. We all gathered up enough energy to take a walk around the garden and then, feeling drained, dragged ourselves back inside for bedtime snacks and jammies. Today was Jeff's birthday, but in light of our current states of health, we decided to put it off for a few days. We'll celebrate on Tuesday instead....there's no sense in baking a cake that you can't enjoy, right?
Later this week I'll be doing a picture post a la Dervaes family. With the addition of raised beds and 2 truckloads of pine chips, our garden is looking really beautiful this year. The lettuce bed is FULL, the grape vines are covered with itty bitty bunches of grapes, the strawberries are green and lush, and the peas are covered in blooms. Sounds beautiful, huh? This year is starting out to be a great year for our garden...hopefully it will continue through fall.
On that uplifting note, I'll sign off. Got a date with Alka-Seltzer Nighttime Cold Relief.
2 comments:
Awww...I hope that everyone gets feeling better soon! Robbie, Clay and I came down with colds back at the beginning of April (?), and Clay was completely over his in a few days. Thank God! But Robbie and I developed a cough with ours, and we are still hacking. Not as much and it isn't producing mucus or anything, but still coughing. We just can't seem to shake the cough. UGH!
And Happy Birthday to Jeff! Clay's is the 30th and mine is the 31st!
Happy Birthday! I hope we're having a big birthday soon here in our family, too.
It sounds like your garden is going to be fun! Aren't the strawberry blossoms so exciting? Ohhh, grapes, I'm jealous...
Get well soon!
By the way, I lost the battle with the reel mowers. I got behind, and my BIL brought over his gas mower and (I love him) he mowed all our grass. It looks like a carpet, not the like the shaggy thing it usually is. So a gas mower is definately in my near future!!!
Post a Comment