Does anyone else think the end of the world is nigh??? Seriously. I don't know if it's a Biblical end of the world, or just the end of the world as America knows it, but there are some things I'm seeing that make me very nervous. It seems like one thing after another, some of them plague related, some of them economic, some of them political, some of them moral. Right now, as I see it:
-North Korea is going nuclear
-there's a pending swine flu epidemic
-earthquakes, floods, droughts, etc.
-the world economy is collapsing
-the whole Miss USA/gay marriage thing
Seriously, is anyone else considering a bunker? A really cozy, really comfortable well-stocked bunker. In the back yard, but I'm not telling you where exactly.
I told Jeff this weekend that I have a real gnawing desire to get my family into a church. That it's of dire importance to get back to faith. There's one not too far from here, a larger church with an excellent program for kids and families that I think I'm really interested in. My best friend in high school grew up in said church and I think that most of her family still attend. They're non-denominational, but they practice most of the same beliefs that I was raised on as a Baptist. I even picked up a couple of skirts this weekend in anticipation of attending. Plus, I like new clothes : ) Jeff seemed receptive to the idea and I know the kids would enjoy it...they need more involvement and I think this church would be a great place for them. So who knows? Maybe next week I'll have a post for you about our first family church outing!!!
3 comments:
Good luck on the church outing, great for community building! I missed the Miss USA thing, I'll have to look that one up...
I tried the shampoo recipe, so far, so good. I'll let you know in a month how are the long term effects.
I hadn't heard about the last one but, yes, the others have me pretty worried. There are 3 confirmed cases of swine flu in my mom's little town in Northern CA, and one probable one just north of me, so I am pretty much in full out "prep" mode. Thankfully I've *always* been of a prepper mindset, so we're awesomely stocked on most day to day needs plus N95 masks, etc., but I need to ramp up our water storage.
I finally did the research to determine just how much water we need to store for our 3 dogs, and it turns out we need at least 14 liters a day for us humans and the 3 large dogs (don't ask why my brain seems to comprehend liters better than the whole gallons and such system...it just does, so I work on the liter system!). Guess how much water we have stored? 70 liters. Yikes! I've been doing the whole "wash and reuse empty soda and juice bottles" suggestion, but as I barely drink either one it has taken me ages to get that many. Time to a) make more space for water storage on the wooden shelves in the basement (sorry fabric storage, you're going to have to move!) and b) get more containers and store more water.
I have a pretty awesome water filter, but I'd prefer to use that very little as we'd have to lug water up from the creek (approximatey 4 blocks, all up a steep hill) and that'd be more visible than I'd like, potentially advertising that, hey, we have a water filter and, therefore, are probably prepared with other supplies too. Not the type of advertising I want to do in a mostly all female house!
I hope you enjoy the church! Isaac, by the way, is awesome! I love that series of photos. :)
Yes, it is the end of the world. The Bible says in order for it to be the end, there has to be a revived roman empire, a 10-nation hub governing it, and a man with all the power over it who drafts a 7-year treaty, presumably with Israel, but it says 'many', so there are other countries involved, too.
In 2000 the European Union presented it's constitution for ratification. It's a 27-nation empire where the Roman empire used to be. It is governed by the WEU, a 10-nation hub, and it's head of security and diplomacy for the past ten years has been a man named Javier Solana, who drafted a 7-year treaty with the Middle Eastern nations. It's called the European Neighborhood Policy Initiative (ENPI) and it's an alliance between Europe and the Middle East. Israel was the first to sign it. The treaty's term began January 1, 2007.
There are whole sites devoted to watching what's happening. If the 'covenant with many is broken halfway thru as the book of Daniel (9:27) suggests, then 2010 is our year. According to prophecy, halfway thru the treaty Isreal is forced to stop sacrificing.
They're not sacrificing at present, but in 2003 the Sanhedrin (ruling priestal body, dysfunct since AD70) reorganizes, and as of this past December (2009), there is a kosher altar, built to specifications. The Sanhedrin is calling for a Passover sacrifice on it. Of course THAT isn't going to fly with the politically correct global entities, so THAT wouldn't be allowed for long... which fits.
Yeah. I just threw a lot at you, but that's where we are, and why we're prepping. Why things are bad. They're actually only the first set of judgments (Yeshua calls them 'the BEGINNING of sorrows') so it's not SO bad. But most christians like to think that they'll be raptured before the Trib starts, and that doesn't seem to have happened. I don't agree, personally - the Jews suffered the first of three sets of judgments in Egypt, so it stands to reason we'd be here for the first of three sets of judgments at the end.
However, 2010 is the last year for a 'pre-wrath' -or- 'mid-Trib' rapture, so we shall see, eh?
You probably think this is crazy. I don't blame you. But there it is. For more info, you can visit www.fulfilledprophecy.com - the man who ran it has passed, but his daughter has kept it open for others to contribute news articles keeping track of these things.
Post a Comment