Monday, February 23, 2009

Who I Am

On the 'Mad About You' soundtrack, there's a song called 'Who I Am' by Faith Hill, talking about how the person you are changes a little bit everyday.

Who I am Does it matter anyway
Who I am What I've lost along the way
Who I am It changes a little everyday
With a lot of truth And an open heart I just want half a chance
As long as I'm here and before I go
Just to find out...

Did it ever really matter
In that big forever plan
Who I am and what I'm here for I don't know
Is it wrong to want an answer
Try to understand

Anyway, that song got me to thinking about how things have changed over the past year. A year ago, give or take a day or two, my eyes were opened to the fact that being reliant on anyone else for your survival is not a good thing. That the only way to find true security and peace in this world is through your faith and through your hands working the ground. God and Dirt. There it is.

So, given the theme of the song, here's who I am. I'm a chicken-raising, kid-chasing, yogurt-culturing, bean-sprouting, bread-baking, seed-saving, breast-feeding, no-poo, food-preserving, boo-boo-kissing, green-thumbed agrarian about town. In high heels.

So tell me, who are you?

No comments: