
If I could live anywhere during anytime, it would be Mayberry in the 1950's. Every night, after snacks and jammies, Jeff and I sit down with the kids and watch reruns of the Andy Griffith Show on TVLand and I can't help but think that they had it made. Yes, I know, it's just a TV show, and not a realistic depiction of life, but not a night goes by that I don't envy the folks of Mayberry. Quiet, peaceful, one-horse towns like Mayberry don't exist anymore, but if they did, THAT'S where I'd want to live. With Aunt Bee for a neighbor and Andy keeping the peace. Dinners from scratch and homemade pies on Sunday. Fishin' on Saturday mornings. That was the life. Only the occasional blue collar crime, like a burned down barn or a city feller in a hot rod running a delivery truck off the road. What a place to raise the kids.
So one day, if I ever up and disappear, you know where I'll be. Just call Mayberry and leave a message with Barney.
No comments:
Post a Comment