Sort of a strange title, but then it was sort of a strange dream. While I only remember parts of it, I dreamed about hatching eggs last night. I know according to past civilizations, including the Celts, eggs were a symbol of spring...sort of a "life out of nothingness" icon. Imagine after a long, cold winter, finding a baby bird hatching out of it's shell. Life where, moments before, there had been nothing. I can understand how that would symbolize spring following a hard winter. I feel the same way watching the first of my sown herb seeds beginning to sprout in their little cups. Life from a little, inanimate seed. Life from nothing.
I hope that dream was the stirring of my subconscious....a sort of genetic memory, rejoicing at the first signs of spring....
Or maybe I shouldn't have eaten that yogurt so late at night????
2 comments:
LOL, I think it was the yogurt! I ate yogurt before bed the other day and proceeded to dream that I was in Barrow, Alaska watching a sled dog race (they don't have them up there....too cold!) and Aliy Zirkle (this cool musher lady who is one of my favorites, she's the only lady to have won the Yukon Quest 1000 mile race which starts Saturday) was racing, and she stopped to say "hi" to my friend Katy, who was sick, and give her a hug so she'd feel better, before continuing on her race. Even stranger, half of the dogs she was racing with were her own dogs (because, yes, I am a dork and know my favorite mushers' dogs....it's very sad!) but the other half were dogs that my friend Zoya owns (Zoya is the lady who originally rescued and rehabbed my new dog, Streak). I remember remarking on this in the dream, and wanted to ask Aliy, but she was in a little bit of a hurry, needing to win the race and all. And that was after I'd eaten yogurt right before bed (the only thing I'd eaten in the 3 hours prior to bed. So, I blame the yogurt!
Oh good....then that makes the Owen Wilson with a hot air balloon part of my dream far less disturbing! Of course, he did get me to Isaac's dentist appointment on time(???????)
Owen Wilson??? So not my type LOL
Post a Comment