At what temperature will Hell, indeed, freeze over?
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.97291055131899&lon=-83.68698120117187&site=iln&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en
See that little square labeled "The Knobs"? That's us. And really, I think it IS cold enough for Hell to freeze over.
4 comments:
Yo, Hell freezes over pretty regularly. Trust me, it's on the way to my rural parcel (I kid you not, you drive past Whitmore Lake, head towards Dexter, then turn north towards Pinckney and you take Darwin Road to get there!). See, the sign for Hell looks like this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/morville/4628214/
And here's the Inn at the dam in Hell:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marylea/3155376938/
Mack and Clara plan to pose in front of the official Hell sign sometime when it's a little warmer, as their grandpa thinks that'd be a hilarious shot! Last time we were in Hell it was snowing and grey, so not exactly a gret photo-op for the pups...
By the way, I just checked the weather and it's currently -7F in Hell, so I am pretty sure it's frozen over by now.....stay warm!!!
Did you know, by the way, that my rural parcel is approximately 5 or 6 miles from Hell? Can you tell I am sleep deprived and easily amused...?
Believe it or not, I knew Hell was up your way somewhere. So at -10 to -15 we were actually colder than Hell?
Today is supposed to be much more moderate, with a high of 30, compared to our high of 5 yesterday. Yippee! A heat wave! If my bikini still fit, I'd pull it out and sunbathe!
Hell got colder than -7F, it just happened to be that temperature when I posted the reply to your post. :) Their temps are usually pretty close to Ann Arbor's temps, so I think they probably got down to -15F or maybe a little colder, as the coldest I, personally, saw was -15F here.
My friend Zoya in Alaska was joking that they were about to bust out the bikinis up there as the temps rose over 100 degrees in the course of a couple of days and were yesterday in the upper 40s. ;) I had this very weird mental image of Zoya and her 2 month old daughter wearing matching bikinis and driving dogsleds...LOL!
We're at 11F right now an in the middle of a snowstorm (3-5 inches expected). It's a downright heat wave for sure! I have a sore throat, headache and the sneezles right now, so no basking in the snow for me, though...
Post a Comment