Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bye Bye Baby(fat)

It's time to say goodbye, baby(fat). I'm still carrying an extra 20 lbs from 2 belly-to-belly pregnancies and it's time to say au revoir. I have no excuses this year not to lose it. I hate the way I look. I hate the way my clothes fit. I hate the way I feel about myself. It's time to end this. I've tried all or nothing diets, and they're extremely successful for the first couple of months, but then it's so easy to slack off. Instead, I'm going to concentrate on making small changes and stick with them. Easy enough, eh?

So I've decided to tackle my biggest problems right now....

1. Drinking calorie-laden drinks
2. Snacking after dinner
3. Skipping meals (esp. breakfast and/or lunch)
4. Not eating enough fruits and veggies.

This week I'm concentrating on #1....drinking. Somehow I've ended up drinking a lot of regular soda lately, as well as coffee and tea with either honey or cream. I'm going to allow myself one cup of coffee with cream in the mornings, then no other calorie-rich drinks throughout the day. Lots of water. That should be a relatively easy adjustment. I just need to keep a pitcher of tea or lemonade in the fridge, ready to go.

So that's my major new year's resolution. Losing weight. Oh, and preparing for total societal collapse. But you know, one thing at a time.

2 comments:

Meg said...

herbal teas are really yummy, too, and often tasty enough that they don't need any additives. I have a few I really like from the Yogi Tea people...Egyptian Licorice Mint is my favorite, with Mayan Cocoa Spice being pretty high up there, too.

Your comment box's "word verification" word right now is "coing" and it cracks me up because I saw it and my first thought was "tomatoes" as I received an accidental packet of seeds marked "Kaki Coing Tomatoes" last year (which turned out to be prolific but bland, and not look at all like Kaki Coing). I think I have tomatoes on the brain too much as I am also working on finalizing my Tomatofest.com seed order right now....

Andrea said...

I like herbal teas too...usually with lots of honey!

I was down to a size 4 and about 18% body fat....then I got pregnant Isaac.

Did the same thing with Mara.

Not going to do it again. No more babies. THis time, I'm keeping it off LOL!