I think I have Jeff on board for creating a food storage in the basement. It just seems prudent to me that in iffy times you should have something to fall back on. If it's in the basement, we won't go hungry. So last night we did our weekly shopping at Aldi's and did some stock up in addition. Just a few things...oats, baking soda, flour, salt and evaporated milk. About 10 dollars worth and it's things we use anyway. So *CHECK* on starting food stores.
I also pushed forward and got my seeds ordered from Seed Savers Thursday night. Only half of them so the total wouldn't send Jeff into a coronary. I ordered the 'meat and taters' of our gardening diet...beans, carrots, beets, corn, peas, plus a couple extras like Sunberries and Rosemary. I figure I'll pick up the rest after Christmas. Hopefully this will go a long way to having a mini seed storehouse. And thankfully, I have a good friend in Ann who is willing/eager to swap seeds. I think my mom may even be on board to some extent. So *CHECK* on starting seed stores.
The last item on my 'The End Of The World As We Know It' stock up is clothes for Isaac. No go on that just yet. Maybe after Christmas. You can only do so much at a time, right??? Not a bad start though. We'll have food, seeds, and a naked little boy running around LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment