
While I'm not a clean-freak in terms of our diet, I do try to feed my kids well. Lots of fruits and veggies, lean meat, whole grains, homemade bread and most everything is made from scratch. We do eat sweets like homemade cookies, pies and quick breads from time to time, but I wouldn't call them staples in our house. They're a real treat for us, but we rarely finish a pie or a cake...they normally turn into chicken food. And the chicks love us for it.

So fast forward to the UAW Halloween party this afternoon. The lunch consisted of the typical picnic fare...hot dogs, chips, brownies, cookies, and so on. We ate a lunch of pasta at home before we left, so I figured the kids wouldn't do THAT much snacking when we got to the party. Wrong. They saw the hot dogs, cookies and chips and you'd have thought they hadn't eaten in a month. Yes, I know, it was exciting for them because they so rarely get hot dogs and Hawaiian Punch. It was exciting for me to eat cookies that I didn't have to bake! So they ate, snacked, nibbled, downed Hawaiian Punch, munched a bit more. Jeff and I are guilty as well. And all four of us have been sick as can be all evening. Ugh. Sour tummies....if there was ever a better incentive for clean-eating, I can't tell you what it could be.
No comments:
Post a Comment