So it's been forever.
I offer no excuses and make no apologies.
Life has been busy lately. Busy but good. And I think after a year of turmoil, we're starting to settle into a routine. Routine isn't something I ever thought I'd miss and/or look forward to, but after a chaotic year, there's great comfort in routine. So things are good now and I thought I'd share some good with you.
The Good Stuff: The early garden is planted and has survived the weird Ohio spring. Greens and onions are ready to be harvested and served with a pot of beans and a pan of cornbread.
The "Very" Good Stuff: My mom is finished with radiation, has a beautiful head-full of hair and only has one step left in her treatment, which ends in October.
The "Divinely" Good Stuff: God has been so good and answered so many prayers lately! After a traumatic (or maybe dramatic) period of growth, I feel like I'm walking closer with Him everyday. When you finally, really "get" God's grace and the freedom that only comes through Jesus, what an experience!
The "Finally" Good Stuff: Only 15 more school days til I have my kids to myself for 3 months :)
The "About Time" Good Stuff: We're making huge strides in remodeling our basement (after 8 years of putting it off) and we're adding a ventless fireplace and gas cookstove for something akin to off-grid, emergency cooking and heating.
The "I Can't Believe It!" Good Stuff: I'm about to be an aunt again. Twice. A great aunt to boot.
The "B.A." Good Stuff: The Mr. bought a new handgun for me that's made concealment much simpler.
The "Learning" Stuff: I made my first batch of soap last month and while I'm far from proficient at it, I'm learning more each time.
The "Nerdy" Good Stuff: The Mr. was inducted into the Honor Society at Wittenberg and is the class president. You think he was hard to live with before.............................; )
The "Least of These" Good Stuff: I finally found a ministry to plug into at church: mission support. It's fantastic and I literally get to help people all over the world, from orphans to AIDS patients to widows to underground missionaries to single moms and the working poor in my own community. God is so good!
I *think* postings should come at a more regular clip now. The aforementioned routine definitely makes posting a less daunting task, yes? Anyway friends, I've wasted too much of the day blogging. Got thistles to pull and groceries to store. Take care!
P.S. If you *really* want to follow me, you can friend me on FB @Andrea.Lynch.31
3 comments:
I was worried about you, but not really knowing you I didnt know if you would like beng contacted by a semi stranger asking how thing were going. Glad you're back and that things are going so well on so many fronts. I could actually really use a good recipe for a pot of beans if you're inclined to share. I bought some for food storage but really have no idea how to make them edible.
Hi Rachel-
It's sweet of you to think of me. I'm not sure if I can help you with a recipe for a pot of beans...I don't really have a recipe. I normally add onions, salt, pepper and meat to taste. Bacon or ham or whatever is available. I do love cooking mine in the pressure cooker. After soaking them overnight, it only takes a few minutes to pressure cook them and they come out so tender and delish!
Glad to have you back! Might I suggest that for some 'help' with coming up with posts, you consider allowing guest posts. I get offers from people to guest post on my site all the time and it's a big help in saving me time, and the articles always spur other ideas for more posts I can write too.
Post a Comment