Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pondering A Change of Name

Happy 2012, Friends!  So glad the old year is gone and today we have a new year for a fresh start!  We spent the evening at home last night, relaxing in comfy clothes and watching TV.  You can keep the parties and the alcohol and the loud music and the crowds and the driving home late at night.  I much prefer being home with my family. 

Anyway, it's a new year and I'm pondering a name change for my blog.  The course of our lives have changed so much over the past few years and as a result the blog name is sort of obsolete.  No more Chicky-Bits here.  They done flown the coop.  Don't tell the Mr., but sometimes, once in a while, I miss keeping chickens.  Not during the winter when I had to trudge through 3-4 ft tall drifts and drag gallons of water through 30mph winds.  THAT I don't miss at all.  Call me a sissy, but I like to be warm and dry. 

In looking back, our path has taken us on a few side-trips into survivalism, livestock, extreme DIY, but always the path came back around to the same objective; producing as many fruits and veggies as possible from our 1.18 acres and removing as many commercial products as possible from our home.  And that aspect of our experiment has been a huge success.  We've managed to turn a patch of dead earth into a homestead that is beginning to pay for itself and that is exciting in any terms! 

So, a name change is in order; both to reflect the goals we've accomplished and to spur us on to accomplish new goals.  I have one in mind...and it's available...so you may be seeing a new header in the next few days.       

4 comments:

TheSurvivalMom said...

I love it! A fresh start for you and your blog! Let me know when the name changes.

Tulip said...

Nice! I'll check back to ssee the change and good for you for all your positive changes.

Emily said...

Can't wait to see your new name! I am still hauling water to my chickens, lol. Thankfully we didn't have 3 to 4 ft snow drifts last year. :) Yikes!

Rachel said...

So glad you're back!