Things went well at the doctor yesterday. He allowed enough time in his schedule to excise the guilty party then and there, and scheduled an appointment for a body scan in 2 weeks. The good news is skin cancer caught very early can be treated without surgery through immuno-therapy. The bad news is I'm very young to be seeing skin cancer and it's something I'll have to stay on top of for the rest of my life. He gave me a bit of a scolding about sun-related skin care and told me absolutely no more sunburns. Ever. Under any circumstances. So I'm looking for a big straw hat for gardening purposes this summer and maybe some SPF200 sunblock :)
So the really exceptionally good news is....today is my mom's last chemo treatment! How awesome is that? She has a couple weeks break and then begins radiation...but compared to 6-7 months of chemo, a month of radiation should be nothing.
I think the worst may be over.
4 comments:
Hi Andrea
That is good news about your mom and I am glad that your own surgery was done and that the treatment will be starting soon..
Wow, no sunburn ever, I guess you are going to have to get a number of really light loose fitting cottom long shelved shirts and pants to spend time outside, along with your floppy hat!
Congrats on the wins for your little man, he looks as proud as punch in his photo!
Hi Farmgal-
We should get the pathology tests back in another week and go from there. He sounded pretty optimistic about the surgery he performed yesterday, so hopefully we're done with that!
Yeah, the sunburn thing is going to be tough. As the doc put it: "You fair-skinned blue-eyed blondes are not designed for sun!" So yes, need to look for some light cotton shirts and get used to gardening in the cool of the morning.
Great news about your Mom and good that you got things taken care of. Praying for good results all around.
So glad to hear positive news for you and your mom!
Post a Comment