So, have you been canning much this year?
I've been working my hiney off canning produce. Not much in the way of green beans, but tons of tomatoes, peppers, applesauce, potatoes, corn, etc, etc, etc.
It's a lot of work right now, that's for sure. And there's no hiding the dirty, cut hands with what can only be described as "Perma-stain" from pulling weeds, skinning tomatoes and snapping beans. But it's so worth it.
A dear friend, Good Ole Aunt Suz, asked me last year what we did during the winter, after a spring and summer busy with gardening and canning.
We sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labor. And the fruits are delicious.
Anyway, in case you missed it, I'm tallying my hard work on the Putting Up link listed near the top of my blog. Check out my hard work and let me know what you've been putting up.

3 comments:
It sounds like you have been busy...I've only canned pickles so far (30 quarts all together, various kinds), but have frozen a bunch of squash, berries, and greens. Waiting for tomatoes and corn to start coming in...
I know about the "perma-stain" as well. :)
Coming over from homestead revival...
That's a great putting up list, I have to admire that some many of your jars are quarts, makes sense with a family to do so, as its just hubby and myself, I tend to do most things in pints myself.
I am just going to link over to my canning page on my site, raithe then put the list here, its kinda long..
Kateri-
I've frozen a lot this year too...there's nothing like fresh-frozen berries in the middle of winter!
Farmgal-
I used to can a lot of pints too...but as the kids get older and their appetites grow, it just makes sense to use quarts. And it takes up the same amount shelf space to store twice as much.
Post a Comment