Every once in a while I find a real steal at a tag sale.
Like a $2 Pampered Chef apple peeler, still in the box.
That was a good find.
Or the $2 Gap vest that had almost $2 in change in the pocket. Yeah, that one nearly paid for itself.
And this summer, I picked up canning jars for $1/dozen.
But here's a find I'm really excited about:
It was a little tarnished when I found it, but it cleaned up nicely. And considering a french loaf pan can run up to $40, I was thrilled when I found one for only $5. French loaf pans make such lovely loaves, all round and raised up instead of flat like on a baking sheet. Here are the results:
We eat a lot of French bread in the summertime. It's delish and takes only 15-20 minutes in the oven compared to 50 for a regular loaf. Slices of french bread taste so good with the summer bounty: fresh tomatoes, basil, eggplant and green beans. They're good smeared with garlic butter or hummus and the leftovers make the best onion soup.
When there's leftovers.
Which is not often.
Care to share your best deals and steals?


5 comments:
What a great buy and love the bread! awe, that looks just great, I have never seen one of those before ever, now I am going to have to go try and find one or put it on my xmas wish list :)
I have got some pretty good finds but I think the best one I ever got was the old trunk that I got for a few dollars that when openned at home, was full of the old 100 percent wool orginal Bay blankets, typically they will sell for a hundred or more each second hand and for alot more then that new. while they are quite heavy, they are one of the warmest blankets I have ever found.
Beautiful loaves!
Sweeeeet!! You're loaves look professional! I love french bread for dipping in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I'd do it more often but then I'd gain weight like crazy.
My best deal? Of course, my mind has gone blank, but my mom taught me years ago to shop the back of the store on the sales racks, etc. Never no what kind of treasure you'll find.
Great find Andrea. I love to find good deals, me and the wife go once every two weeks to all the thrifts stores within about 10 miles of our home and we always find something for a great price. That is how I get The Back To Basic Books I give away on my blog and all the other books I give away. And sometimes we find that one great item that makes your month or year.
Wow, those loaves are beautiful.
Post a Comment