The best gifts are the unexpected ones, yes?
We loaded up and went to the John Deere store Saturday morning for new mower blades.
Isaac bought me a die-cast bulldozer for Mother's Day. He said he knew I'd like it :)
The man working behind the counter gave me a pink geranium and told me to pick out a hat. I picked out a girly one; chocolate brown with a metallic filigree pattern.
Honestly, could there be a better Mother's Day?
2 comments:
Happy Mother's Day, Andrea! Call me crazy, but my husband has clear instructions that there are to be NO gifts such as diamonds, etc. - only things like chicken coops (got that!), barns, goats, etc. :-)
Perhaps the clue before marriage should have been the fact that I had more match box cars, baseball trading cards, and miniature John Deere Tractors than most boys in the neighborhood growing up (my uncle's vet hospital was next to the John Deere dealership).
Enjoy your John Deere.
Hi Amy! I had a beautiful Mother's Day. Hope you did too. My husband replaced my 2 (or 3?) year old tennis shoes and built 2 raised beds for my garden. Couldn't have been a better day!
That said, I have a big anniversary coming up in a couple years and I think something large and sparkly may be in order. Maybe engraved with "For 20 years hard labor!"
Post a Comment