Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Love Your Neighbors

I had the most pleasant surprise last night.  Whilst chatting with friends at my Tuesday night ladies' group, "A" started telling me about her friend who 'lives out your way'. 

Yeah, she says, they keep chickens and they live in an old farm house and they garden like you.  And they're way into preparedness.

I told her how much I'd love to meet other people like me, trying to prepare for the worst and learn fun skills as they go. 

We kept comparing notes and as it turns out, they live 300 yards away, as the crow flies, in the bend in the road.  If I stand on my porch on my tippy toes, I can see their house.  If I pull out the bullhorn, we can communicate off grid LOL 

Go figure!

"A" said she's going to connect us...and another family who lives just 3 miles east of us.  All preppers, do-it-yourselfers and of the self-sufficient mindset.  Can't wait!

Just goes to show how important it is to get to know your neighbors....  

3 comments:

Pete Smith said...

When everythings bad or the collapse hits we will need friends that we can trust and know and starting with your neighbors is great. I wish I had one or two more near me I could trust, we have one but that's it for 5 miles.

Unknown said...

God is good - all the time! Even providing like minded neighbors! Hope they are as much of a blessing as it sounds like they'll be! (I'm sure they will!!)

Lace said...

That's wonderful! Building your community, both in friends and in like minded people is always a good thing. And many thanks to A for hooking you up!