After an emotionally/physically rough couple of weeks, I think I'm getting back into the swing of things. It absolutely amazes me how easy it is to scrap those new healthy habits and go back to the bad eating habits: snacking, over-eating, late night munchies, sugar-laden drinks, extra cheese on everything! Not that I did ALL of those things, but enough to waylay my weight-loss for a couple weeks. But that's over now and I'm feeling a real push to get this done. My goal is within grasp and I'd like to emerge from winter leaner, healthier and more energetic than ever!
This week, I'm down one pound, which I think is outstanding considering the slow start I had to get back on track. That puts my total loss at 13.8 pounds and within 7 pounds of my goal. Yippee! I think once I reach that goal, I'm going to reevaluate and consider dropping another 5 pounds. That will put me back to pre-baby, pre-marriage and high school weight. It will also put me into the ideal range for a healthy BMI.....and hopefully I can fit into some of the clothes that I've have stored in the window seat for years, years on end.
Thought I'd pass on a really delicious find I found this week...Baked Tostito Scoops. They're yummy baked tortilla chip 'scoops' with only 2 points per 14 chips. Believe it or not, 14 chips is a lot of chips! Last night we had 'Top Them Yourselves' nachos, with topping choices of lean seasoned beef, pinto beans, sharp cheddar, sour cream, homemade salsa, black olives, shredded lettuce. Typically unhealthy bar food, but with the baked tortillas, light sour cream and fat-free options like lettuce, salsa, olives, I had a huge meal for only 6 points. I felt like I had really indulged, but in fact, I was right on target. And the kids/hubby enjoyed it too. Next time, I think I may indulge 2 of my loves and have nachos topped with shredded buffalo chicken. OMG-my mouth is watering just thinking about it!!!!
Anyway, hope you're hanging in there. With spring just around the corner, what are you doing to kick your weight loss into high gear???
7 comments:
Congrats, that is just awesome that you lost weight and I like the meal idea, we had felt the need for homemade taco's ourselves this week.
I had a stand-still week, sigh..
How to kick it into high gear.. I am planning on really! watching those cals this week and otherwise, I am open to idea's I really feel stuck at this weight at the moment, I need to do something to get the body willing to start shedding those pds again.
Hi farmgal-
I'm sorry to hear you had a stagnant week...at least there were no gains, right???
My mom insists that eating fresh yogurt and using acidophilous does a LOT to help when she's stagnant. I suppose that if you're not digesting properly, it would be difficult to lose weight.
I'm nursing, so the weight has still kind of been dropping off despite very little effort on my part.
I know if I ramp up my efforts, though, that I'd lose more faster. I mean, I can't expect to drop the baby weight on a diet of spaghetti and meat sauce, right? ;)
LOL....if it were possible to burn off a steady diet of pasta just by nursing, I'm sure there'd be a lot more nursing moms!
I'm so excited for you! I am also doing WW, and am on my third week. I have a heck of a lot more to lose that you do, but, I don't feel deprived which is huge for a chef! Good luck this next week. My new strategy is not to eat after 8 pm. After I'm comfortable with that, I'm going to try and break my points up into 5-6 small meals every day. Here's to weight loss!:)
Good for you Ali! WW is such a practical plan. If you ever want to share meal plan/recipe ideas, you know where to reach me!
Not reaaly using a plan per se...just watching my sweet intake, laying off the breads (my downfall) and smaller portions. Slow and steady..I've lost 8 pounds since Jan.!
Post a Comment