I can't believe we're already 4 weeks into this challenge...and so far, so good!
This was sort of a strange week in my house. We were quite busy and that made for several quick, throw-together meals...meals were difficult this week. We used a lot of leftover chicken, enjoying chicken fried rice and chicken wraps, as well as leftover chicken parmesan from dinner with my in-laws Sunday. And it was all delicious, although a bit difficult to calculate the points involved.
Tomorrow is going to be the real test, both of will-power as well as portion control.
Tomorrow is Mara's 5th birthday party.
~Sniff~Sob~Wail~
How can my baby be 5 years old already? Seems like just yesterday we brought home that tiny little bundle, all wrapped up in her preemie clothes, up-chucking everywhere LOL. Okay, so I don't miss the up-chucking. I can still see the infant in her, the way she sticks out her bottom lip and makes a 'wooooooo' sound when she cries. And the way she purses her lips when she sleeps. And the way she clasps her hands over her abdomen when she's content. I guess that's one of God's little blessings for mamas...we'll always be able to see a glimpse of our baby, even when our baby is grown.
Anyway, Mara and her cousin Roni share a birthday (2/2) so tomorrow we're sharing a birthday party, with a big cake, cupcakes, coney dogs with homemade chili sauce, chips and a fruit and veggie tray. I can pass on the cake...after spending hours baking and decorating, the last thing I'll want to see is the cake. But coneys, with that delicious homemade Cincinnati chili all smothered with melty sharp Cheddar cheese....just pass me a bib and cue the Homer Simpson sounds. My plan is to drink tons of water and gingerale, fill up on the fruits and veggies and then savor some homemade chili. We'll see how that goes :)
So the good news is that after all the questionable eating I've done this week, I'm down 1.6 pounds. And with that 1.6 pounds, I've lost just under 10 pounds and I'm half-way to my goal. Whoot! Whoot!
Sometimes I feel sort of pathetic getting so excited over 10 pounds...but I've carried that extra fluff for 5 years and I'm glad to see it disappearing.
One month into the challenge, how are you feeling about your weight loss?
5 comments:
Well, you know how I feel about this week. :op I'll be lucky to lose the weight I gained over the weekend.
Happy birthday to your little one.
Yeah, I know how you feel this week! Everyone has weeks like that...don't give up because one difficult week.
Next week will probably be my turn to scream at the scale and question it's reliability. Make sure you stop in and laugh at me ;)
Hope you have a great weekend! HAppy Birthday to your baby!
So...How'd you do at the birthday party???
For some reason, I don't have any problem with cakes anymore. There was a time when I craved the sweetness, but now...not so much.
Pies though....they devastate me! I even like raw pie dough...And that's even worse than the carbs in cakes!
Hi Suek-
I'm not sure how I did at the party...I'll find out Saturday morning ;)
I didn't overindulge with cake...after spending a day and a half working on it, the last thing I wanted to eat was cake. But oh was that coney dog delish.
Post a Comment