Tomorrow is my birthday...not going to tell you how old I am, only that it rhymes with shirty-fix : ) I don't feel shirty-fix, so I'm not sweating it. It's just another day and another year and a few more white hairs (which I consider ready-made highlights). I'll probably celebrate by cleaning house in my old comfortable clothes and browsing through the pile of seed catalogs, dreaming of spring. Typical January stuff.
But I want to do something different too...since I'm a new creation in Christ, I want to follow in his footsteps and live the way he did and still does by giving a gift on my birthday. Wouldn't that be a fun new tradition to start; giving gifts on our birthdays instead of expecting them? Jesus did it and if I recall correctly, hobbits did it too. Why shouldn't I do it as well?
I was blessed with a huge gift of seeds this Christmas and spent an entire morning emptying out the old seed bin of seeds that I won't be able to use. There's only so much time and space in my little homestead afterall. Anyway, I'd like to pass them on to 2 lucky winners who leave a comment on my blog before midnight on Monday, January 10th. I know some of you don't like to leave public comments and that's okay: just email me.
So what could you possibly win? I have 2 one-gallon bags more than half-full of seed packets, probably 3 dozen packets per bag (I'm guesstimating here, could be more or less.) There are brand new packets and some opened packets. There are commercial seeds and homegrown seeds. There are a few hybrids, but mainly heirlooms. There are a couple Walmart seeds, but also some Johnny's, Baker Creek and Seed Savers seeds. There are tomatoes, cukes, lettuces and greens, root veggies, herbs and flowers, both annual and perennial. Let's just say it's a big hodge-podge of potential deliciousness and beauty. How about that?
Leave a comment or email me and I'll post the winner next Tuesday. Good luck!
14 comments:
Happy Birthday. My children approve of your birthday gift giving idea and in fact introduced me to the idea on my birthday two decades ago. Have a great one.
Happy Birthday!!!!
"I don't feel shirty-fix, so I'm not sweating it"
Heh. You know something?? You'll probably _never_ feel xx-xx! I've reached the conclusion that you reach a mental permanent age sometime in your 20s (I _think_!) and your mental age then is fixed and permanent, no matter what your body does. When you're 76, you'll still feel 26 (or whatever) in your mind, and it becomes a bit of a daily shock to look into the mirror and see that old body. Where did the real "you" go?
Your children already think you're "old" - just ask them!
Another funny fact - when I was younger, I couldn't tell a 50 year old from a 60 year old from a 70 year old from an 80 year old. Now I'm in the midst of those ages myself, I can't tell a 20 year old from a 30 year old from a 40 year old! Figure _that_ one out!
Happy Birthday!!! So glad to hear you don't feel that "young".
I too feel younger then I am or going to be! HAve a blessed day!
happy birthday!!
aandjfarrell@yahoo.com
Happy Birthday! I don't think I've ever felt my calendar age. I'm sure there is some psychological reason for it but I slept through most of my psychology courses in college so I don't know.
Happy Birthday, Andrea!
I love the seed idea! That's great!
BTW, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live!
Well Happy Birthday tomorrow, Andrea!
You don't look shirty-fix at all! I am fiddy-tree, no wait, I'm fiddy-tore! Had a birthday last month and it always takes me a while to retrain myself to say the right age.
I'd love to win the seeds, but it doesn't matter who wins, that's a great idea you had to pass them on. I just don't like anything to go to waste and if I can't use something useful, I always try to find someone who can.
Enjoy your day tomorrow!
Happy Birthday to you! I could put those seeds to good use!
Happy Birthday! How generous to offer your seeds!
What a great idea! Shirty-fix isn't so bad. I'm shirty-fix too, at least for a couple more weeks. :op Then I'll be shirty-heaven.
Snickers: isn't gibberish talk fun? LOL
Thanks for all your entries...just a few more days to go!!
Happy Birthday! Shirty-fix is young! I'm torty-fix w/ a 7yr old and a 2 yr old! It's only a number. And I love the concept of giving gifts on your birthday instead of receiving them. Hope you don't mind if I borrow that idea for my birthday this year! The seeds are, also, a great idea.
Great idea to give away seeds as a birthday present.That would be fun to rummage through excitedly...
One year I sent my mom flowers on my birthday. It took awhile for the reason to sink in to her. That was fun.
Post a Comment