We're coming down to crunch time. Better watch out. Better not cry. Better not pout. Better get the baking done. With only one week of school left and 2 weeks until the big day, we'll be doing a lot of homemade gift-making this week for:
Teachers, both elementary and Sunday School
Miss Debbie-the bus driver who cares so much for Isaac!
Miss 'Aunt' Debbie-a dear friend and teacher who keeps a watchful eye on my little boy!
'Aunt Suz'- a beloved best friend for nearly 20 years
Dr. R-a local farmer and cherished neighbor
The ladies in my Lifegroup
Extended family, friends and neighbors
That sounds like a lot. And it is, but I don't find it a burden. I love giving back to people who are so important to me! This year is different though, as I'm experiencing a fullness and joy through Jesus that I've never really experienced before...and the best way I can show that joy and fullness is in the form of homemade goodies.
On the to do list for this week:
* 2 batches of Potato Candy
* 2 batches of Sugar Plum Parade Candy (a rich toffee topped with chocolate and black walnuts)
* 2 pans of Baklava- Dr. R says he *knows* good baklava and *mine* is good baklava!
*1 batch each of Peanut Butter and Chocolate fudgeWhat kind of goodies are you making to share with those important friends and family?

3 comments:
Pumpkin orange cookies, chocolate chip cookies (I'm going to try the Tollhouse recipe once again and hope for cookies that aren't hockey pucks) and I'm trying spritz cookies this year.
We love Tollhouse cookies too...to avoid hockey pucks, use Airbake baking sheets or just take the cookies out a minute or 2 early, when they're still sort of squishy.
Homemade cinnamon rolls, chocolate covered pretzels, peppermint pretzels (almond bark w/crushed peppermint candy in it), pumpkin bread mini-loaves and pumpkin sandwich cookies. Need to get it all done tomorrow too. No time during the work week!
Post a Comment