
Jeff and I have become experts at protecting tender fruits from impending frosts. All you need is a length of fabric or plastic and extra large clothes pins. Oh, and you can't be afraid of looking like a doofus while you're out there plastic-wrapping your fruit trees. Jeff found some fairly inexpensive, fairly heavy window-type plastic that we've been using all year to cover the fruit trees and shrubs. It works well and can be used over and over, from one season to the next. Last year, we used lengths of a coarse black fabric, which worked well enough, but startled me every time I looked out the back window. It looked like someone standing in my backyard who ought naught be! So this year, we're using the plastic and it's not nearly as startling, but it does look like ghosts floating around in the garden!
Here's hoping for fair weather and a bumper harvest! Til then....Best wishes from the Run.
2 comments:
You, too? I was out yesterday evening to cover my lettuce that is sprouting. We're up and down on the thermometer as well! I like the clothes pin idea.
same weather here also. we use old sheets we get at yard sales. Queen flat sheets work great for the larger trees and bushes.
Post a Comment