Homemade describes itself as " A Surprisingly Easy Guide to Making Hundreds of Everyday Products You Would Otherwise Buy" and that's it in a nutshell. I picked up this book a couple years ago, about the same time that I began this journey and I've found it a wonderful reference along the way. It literally contains hundreds of recipes for baked goods, home health remedies, beauty products, cleaners, homemade take out food, canning recipes. There's even a section on natural pet care. While I've been disappointed with a few of the recipes (Cheddar and Herb bread-blech!), I've been quite pleased with most of them. Some of our favorite recipes have been the Oreo knock-offs that Isaac refers to as Mommy-O's, the Simple Sugar Dry Skin Scrub and the homemade furniture polish. And there are so many more! Some of the recipes call for ingredients that most most people don't keep on hand, but the vast majority are simple, plain ingredients that are in most every cupboard across America.
If you're trying to live a simpler, healthier lifestyle, I think this book is a MUST.
2 comments:
Sounds like a great resource. I need to snoop craigslist for it.
Another great book is "The Encyclopedia of Country Living." I don't think the author left any stone unturned in there.
Post a Comment