Saturday, February 6, 2010

Digging Out

Boy did we get walloped yesterday! What started out as a prediction of 4-6 inches of snow has morphed into 8-12 inches with 30 mph wind and 5 foot tall drifts. Gotta love Ohio in wintertime! Jeff is hooking up the snow blade as there's a knee-high drift the length of the driveway and no foreseeable warm-up coming. My mom, who lives 3 miles away as the crow flies, said she heard on the news to be prepared to stay indoors for 4-5 days. We're prepared.


On a similar topic, I had a guest post titled "Day-to-Day Preparedness" posted on the Emergency Essentials blog. While not my best work, it covers the tedious day-to-day emergencies that preparedness is all about. And I won a gift card for it, so it's all good!

Well, I know this an uncharacteristically short post, but I've got 2 sick kids to take care of. Mara has a run of the mill cold and Isaac contracted strep. Fun fun. I've got a pot of chicken and rice soup simmering on the back burner, and I think a big hot pot of tea will round things out and make everyone feel better. Take care and stay warm, friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the gift card. You guys got lots of snow. We didn't get much here. I don't get worked up over a couple of inches, the wind was rough though. Hope the kidlins get better, and enjoy not having to go anywhere.

Dannistan said...

Andrea: Wow a published author and reward to BOOT! Way to go and along with Shelly...congrats! Best wishes with the sick ones...do you have antibiotics for the strep...if not Goldenseal will help. Keep dry @ warm.

Dan

Andrea said...

Believe it or not (and not to toot my own horn) I've been published 3 times. In the August edition of Hobby Farm Home regarding food dehydration, last March on MSNBC regarding No-Poo and there's supposed to be an article coming out in GRIT at some point.

The sick ones are feeling a bit better. Isaac's fever has broken and he's starting to eat a little. Mara says she still has "upset in (my) nose" but she's eating well. They're playing tent with old pillows and a big blanket, so I think they're doing okay!

Linda said...

Glad that the kids are feeling a little better. I hope that they continue to get better.

I always want to move up North every year, but then I hear about this type of weather with drifts and whatnot, and I am glad that I live in Texas. And then when it is 120 degrees outside, I wish I lived up North. LOL! The grass is always greener....

Unknown said...

You got snow, too? I think everyone in blog land got some but us. HOWEVER, we got RAIN! It never rains in California! (Being from TX, I miss rain terribly.)

Hope the kids are better soon!