Wow has it been a busy couple of days! I intended to post my wheat bread recipe yesterday, but that sure didn't come to pass now did it? So what did Miss Mara and I get into yesterday, you may be asking?
-Yogurt-culturing
-Bread-baking
-Laundry-folding
-Preschooling (Letter B)
-Bed-making
-Egg-washing
-School-levy-voting
And on today's agenda?
-Yogurt-draining
-Blue jean shorts-hemming (for Haitian relief drive)
-Preschooling (Cutting and Gluing B pictures)
-Utility-room-purging
-Soup-making
Have I mentioned lately what a wonderful life it is? All this beautifully busy, delicious tedium...I wouldn't change a thing. Each day that I get to spend in my home with my small children working at some facet of self-reliance is a blessing. It may be a burden to some, but it's a blessing to me. Off I go to help Mara cut and paste................
9 comments:
My wife would love to stay at home, but it's not on. We need the income and insurance she makes teaching.
I love being at home with the kids...and we've given up a lot for me to do so. Thankfully, my husband has good insurance and makes a living wage. Our house is modest, and we drive our vehicles til they die on the side of the road. But it's all worth it to see my kids grow each day!
I would have loved for my wife to stay home with our kids, but we needed the cash. We were able to do the next best thing: She was a teacher at their elementary school!
It's a shame so many miss out on these years! You are storing up treasures in your heart and hers!
(We made alphabet pages, too, when the girls were young!)
My kids are all grown up they are 24, 24 and 19, but there mom is a stay at home mom. It's just mom and the 19 year old and our dog but my wife loves to be at home. And with her health not being the best I am happy she can get some rest from time to time. Plus she loves the foodsaver and get so much done.
Andrea, Just realized you have a blog. I love it. I too have the privilege to stay home with the kids, but am starting to get concerned as to how long. We drive older vehicles and pinch pennies to do so. I am adamant about homeschooling the kids, and a job would interfere. Wish there were ways to make side money to stretch the budget further, though.
Yes Shelly, I've kept a blog for about 2 years give or take. It's a great outlet to vent!
I struggle with the OPN, cause I find myself just wanting to talk and relate to others living this lifestyle. I like to actively share and learn. I have more questions than I have information to give. I'm new at all of this too and just getting to know the computer too. Yes this is a great outlet.
Shelly...email me! arlynch@woh.rr.com
I have some ideas for you...stuff I'd like to read more about.
Post a Comment