Thank Heaven it's all over!
Christmas-Done!
New Years-Done!
Happy Birthday-Done!
Winter Vacation-Done!
I think the hubbub is finally over. Jeff went back to work yesterday and Isaac to school, so we're getting back into the slow-paced, everyday swing of things. As much as I enjoy the holidays, I'm always ready to take down the tree and put away the garlands once the New Year rolls around. After all the holiday chaos, I find great peace in clearing away the froo-froo and returning to the simplicity that we live every day.
So hows about this for simple excitement: our baby hens are beginning to lay! We've been bringing in very small brown eggs this past week, not much larger than a quarter! The chicks we hatched last summer are finally starting to earn their keep. (If you can call one-bite eggs earning their keep. LOL) No blue-green eggs yet, but they Ameraucanas are still a bit young yet. Soon. Very soon.
Still more excitement: my wheat shipment is on the Fed-Ex truck and should be delivered today! Can't wait for that! I ordered a bit of red wheat, white wheat, hard wheat, soft wheat; after all, now is the time to experiment and figure out what we like before we suffer from crop-loss or hyperinflation and all our wheat is sold to China to pay our debt. Oops. That bordered on a rant, didn't it?
And our last bit of simple excitement; we finally sold our old chicken coop, lovingly referred to as the Coop Du Jour. We split the money 4-ways (not quite evenly) and picked up some necessities. Larger shoes for both kids, blue jeans for Isaac, sweatshirts for Jeff. Basic wintertime goodies all around. Now if I can find a nice long wool coat and a pair of black boots, we'll be happy campers all around!
Oh, and just in case you missed it, Ohio State won the Rose Bowl. I don't think Jeff's feet have touched the ground in nearly 4 days LOL.
So that's the news from the Run. What sort of post-holiday simple excitement is going on in your neck of the woods?
4 comments:
Amen to the first paragraph!!! You might find "Grains of Truth" by Donna G. Spann a helpful resource for different kinds of grains and their uses. For each type of grain she gives the history, farming, nutritional value, buying & storing, use, and a recipe to get you started.
Was a slow and quiet Christmas here and the same for New Years, we just did some reading, shared some hot tea and got a good amount of rest. It was a nice slow pace this year and we loved it.
Happy New Year
From where did you get your wheat?
I ordered the Superpails from Emergency Essentials. I checked out a number of sites and while the wheat was cheaper, the shipping was outrageous! I love that EE offers cheap shipping! And it was here in just a few days...always a plus!
Post a Comment