Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Big 0-4



Little Miss Mara celebrated her 4th birthday today. We borrowed Mamaw and Papaw's basement for the afternoon and invited all her favorite people: grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. The kids (ages 4, 4, 5 and 6) spent the better part of an hour playing 'Balloon Knock' with Uncle Chris, followed by some pretend after Mara unwrapped a medical kit and vanity set.



She's absolutely batty over Tinkerbell, so I made a 3-layer cake with lime-green icing and decorated it with fairies. Her reaction was priceless. She carefully explored it, pointing to all the fairies and then squealed "I LOVE IT!"



Of course, Mara had the cupcake with Tinkerbell from the top. After the cake and ice cream, and refills of Cincinnati chili, spaghetti, slaw dogs, salad and punch, the kids were back to playing Balloon Knock.


It was such a great afternoon, I hated to see it end. We don't spoil our kids with expensive toys or elaborate vacations, but when we have a get-together, we REALLY have a get-together. And there's nothing that will bring people together like good food, happy children and lime-green confections!
Happy Birthday, Baby!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice birthday party she had. We never had big parties here, because we live too far out for other children to come. But I remember the family parties we had for our kids, just the four of us. They are grown up and gone now, but I still call them and send them a little money on their birthdays.

PaleRider said...

Happy Birthday to the young lady, cake was awesome. Andrea, we got our dough enhancer yesterday will give it a shot during the week ahead. Also got a home version of it to email you to go over later this week. Just got off phone with Michael about THEurbanprepper.com, and told him to add THE and he told me you had contacted him about it, cool, thanks for telling him, he and his bride are good people, hate to see them become distressed. Once a gain great party pics and super cool cake.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Mara! Love the cake, too!

Nikki said...

Beautiful cake Andrea!

Pete Smith said...

Happy birthday, Mara, I would say you guys had a great day. My best wishes to you and your family. Pete

The Jaracz Family said...

Wow, I love the cake! Happy Birthday, lil miss!