Friday, November 20, 2009

On The Agenda

I'm so glad this week is coming to an end! It wasn't a bad week, but a long one and I'm really looking forward to a quiet weekend followed by a short school week. We have a few small projects to work on this weekend...moving and enclosing the chicken coop, winterizing the bug-out bag and hopefully, putting up another set of shelves for food storage. It's amazing how quickly those 5 gallon buckets and Mason jars add up!



Also on the agenda for this weekend, a quick trip to the grocery store to stock up before Thanksgiving. I won't want to be anywhere near the grocery store next week, so best to get it done tonight or tomorrow. Beyond the everyday stuff, I have to figure out what I need for holiday baking and get it put up before high heating bills and Christmas shopping put a kink in our budget. Baklava and Whiskey Cake are on the list, in addition to Stout Cake and possibly a Buche de Noel. And of course, sugar cookies. It's not Christmas without sugar cookies.

I tell you, I put on 10 pounds just typing those last 3 sentences!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: