Thursday, August 6, 2009

Biking Babies

Sometimes it's fun to spoil your kids; just a little bit. After a fruitless search on freecycle for a 12 inch bike, Jeff surprised Mara with a new one. And, oh my goodness, was she surprised! We took a short ride through the cemetery this evening to let her try it out and she didn't do too bad for her first go round. She's having a difficult time with the pedals, after having used a tricycle for so long, but she's excited and determined to ride a bike 'like a big boy.'




Isaac has turned into an absolute speed-demon in the past week. It's hard to believe that 7 short days ago, he was wobbling along, not coordinated enough to pedal and watch where he was going. Not so now. He goes flying around us, throwing caution to the wind, and has managed to only fall once. In the grass.



This last picture just shows our beautiful corner of the world. The cornfield on the left sits directly across the road from our house, and to your right, a pretty old cemetery. How lucky am I to look out the front window and see that view each morning?





4 comments:

Stacy McKenna said...

Gorgeous! All of it!

kathy said...

Andrea! I thought I lived in Paradise. Your place is beautiful! The green is nearly iridescent.

Andrea said...

Aw shucks! It IS beautiful here. Sometimes I forget how blessed I am to live where I do, on this modest little knob of land. And the best part of living here...just over that last line of trees and to the right...that's where Mamaw and Papaw live : ).

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL! I had forgotten what green looks like!