We've had a battle going on over Isaac's 'mean mouth' lately; no swearing, but a lot of sass talk. And he's heard his share of sermons over watching his language, using nice words, making good choices, etc. Naturally when I mount my soap box, his eyes glaze over and he tries not to listen. The fact that he corrected an adult on his choice of words indicates:
1) he's hearing even if he's trying not to listen
2) he understands the difference in nice talk and mean talk
3) the corrections are working.
When we got home Friday night, I repeatedly told him how proud I was of his action. While it's not nice to sass a grown up, he was correct in pointing out that grown ups should watch their mouths, especially around children. I doubt Isaac's actions will matter to this other adult...he's so puffed up and bloated with self-importance, a 4 year old's comments won't mean anything. But it meant a lot to me...that Isaac is absorbing the information, learning proper social interactions and trying to live in a way that makes us proud. God love 'im.
No comments:
Post a Comment