And blessings are abundant." That's a quote from one of my new favorite blogger/authors, Kathy Harrison. Her style of homesteading and preparedness really speaks to me, as it's common sense and yet highly effective. If you've never heard of her, check her out here;
http://justincasebook.wordpress.com/
But yes, life is good and blessings are abundant. We had a busy, busy Sunday, working around the house and yard. While Jeff worked on escape-proofing the chicken run, I transplanted tomatoes. 33 so far, but we're only half way there. I also planted several small patches of runner beans around the yard and tidied up the arbor garden. Plus washed and hung out 2 loads of laundry and *tried* to keep the house clean. The kids were the highlight of the day...Isaac running around yelling 'You can't get me!' as I watered the tomatoes, desperately wanting me to spray him with the hose. And Mara's response during a discussion in the garden about tomatoes...
Me: We're going to take a bunch of these tomatoes and make ketchup this fall. Do you like ketchup?
Mara: Of course I do. Everyone knows that.
Yesterday just flew by, but boy, do I feel it today! Ibuprofen is definitely going to be my friend this morning. In fact, it's calling my name right now. Please excuse me while I limp to the medicine cabinet.
No comments:
Post a Comment