Both kids are fascinated by cooking, and on a normal day, the question du jour is "What are we making for supper????" After the twelfth time, I usually answer 'squid and taters', at which they respond 'ewwwwwwwwwww'. Well today, did they ever get the shock of their lives.

Miss Mara was nearly in tears at the prospect of having squid for lunch. Isaac figured it out right away; it was nothing but a hotdog with legs. Mara was a little slower figuring it out. After I finished laughing and convinced her that it really was *just a hot dog* she was thrilled.
We don't eat much processed meats in our house, and least of all hotdogs. The kids love them, but I only give in to their cravings once in a while, maybe once every 6 weeks or so. Today was their day for a junk food lunch, and I guarantee it's one they won't forget anytime soon.
2 comments:
This is AWESOME!!!! Now, I just had an "ah ha!" moment I have to share with you. With this post, I finally realized who it is you remind me of...my awesome great grandma, Dot. This is the sort of response she would've come up with to being asked the question a zillion times, and she would've come up with a similar silly & creative meal.
You would've loved her, she was just as tough and hard work minded as you, and had that same awesomely funny sense of humor (one house she lived in had a sign that said "what the hell are you looking up here for?" posted on the living room ceiling, if that gives you any idea what her sense of humor was like). She's one of my all time favorite people, so this is meant as a total compliment. :)
And yes, I agree, Mara needs some sort of dance classes STAT! She would have SOOO much fun with that!
{{Snort}} My sign (I'm making a pretty one for the flower bed) is going to say 'If you can read this, you're in range', so it would seem your g-grandma and I ARE kindred spirits!
Post a Comment