In ages gone by, an acre was defined as the amount of land one man could plow in a day's time. If that's the case, an acre for me is about 30 ft. by 50 ft. I've been working on that doggone garden all day and it's still not plowed. The Mantis people and the Craftsman people make tillers look so easy to use...and they probably are, assuming they work correctly. Ours doesn't. I don't think it's ever worked correctly. It coughs, sputters, quits, heaves, grunts, belches, backfires, get's clogged up. (Sounds like my brother before he quit smoking, huh?)
Upon taking a break, clearing my thoughts...my great-grandpa's plow and the miniature ponies across the road are starting to look mighty attractive. Here horsey, horsey, horsey....
3 comments:
I messed with tillers for years with our bigger acreage garden on the old homestead site... the experience is one of many that which moved me to adopt permanent raised bed gardens and the use of hand tools. LOL!
Yup our tiller only perfers one person to operate it and its not me!! But the horses in the back yard a growing quickly.LOL I tease hubby about using them to plow in a few years.
An acre for my pregnant body with a hoe might be about 5' x 10'. In that case, my property is over 100 "acres"! Gardening with the little ones is so precious...keep up the good work.
Post a Comment