You know the saying that a rose by any other name is still a rose and still smells just as sweet, right? I've struggled with getting my kids to eat beans for a couple of years now. There's one or two recipes they'll eat and only in small quantities. Sigh. I'm a bean eater so it makes me crazy that my kids are so finicky about beans and grains in general.
That said, I have made a discovery of late. You mix up a big batch of baked beans and call them "baked beans", my kids refuse to eat them. You mix up a big batch of baked beans and call them "sweet beans", they'll eat them. What??? Same beans, same pot, same recipe, just the name is different. But they'll eat them. They'll eat "sweet beans". I don't get it, but if it works and they'll eat them, sweet beans it is!
1 comment:
I am told "canola oil" sold much less easily before they changed it's name... from "rapeseed oil".
Post a Comment