Wednesday, January 14, 2009

That 'Antzy' Feeling

I'm getting that creepy crawly antzy feeling...I'm ready for spring! We set up our 'greenhouse' last night...a 5 ft. table, a grow light and plastic containers to start seedlings. I'm so anxious to get started and see what I can do this summer. There's a distinct and probable possibility that I'll be setting up with Ann at the farmer's market and I'm truly excited about it! My area of expertise will be seedlings...herbs, tomatoes, peppers, etc. Plus some fresh and dried goods...herbs, tomatoes, white cukes, red eggplants...interesting looking fare that hopefully will catch a bit of attention. Good for everyone's business!

While it will only be a few hours on Saturday mornings, it will be a great opportunity for me to create a home-based economy...selling something for myself, not reselling for someone else. I'm excited to see what the next 6 months might have in store for our little homestead. Could it possibly be that I've found my niche? Only time will tell. But in the meantime, I'm going to be busy making newspaper-pots (compostable pots to sell seedlings in), toilet paper roll pots (to start said seedlings) and putting needle to wool to sew a big stuffed chicken. After all, Tamarack Ranch and Chicky-Bit Run must have a mascot right? What better mascot than a stuffed chicken?

3 comments:

Meg said...

That's awesome and sounds GREAT!! Good luck on this endeavor!!

Chiot's Run said...

I'm getting that feeling too! It's about time to start those onion seedlings!

Which farmer's market will you be at?

Andrea said...

If things go well, Yellow Springs, Ohio, with Tamarack (Ann). She sells chicken eggs and goat milk soap. I'll have the veggies and herbs. Could be a really very good situation.