In the past few weeks, for whatever reason, I'd drawn it up in my head that the seeds I saved this past season were no good; I think in part because I'd listened to what other folks had to say about their failures in starting seeds and how daunting it was. So I was sure I had done something terribly terribly wrong. Lots of bad seeds taking up lots of room in my nice black lace up boot box. (Yeah, it's the shoe thing again)
So anywho, I got up the nerve to try a little test to see how well my seeds would germinate. On a towel. In a windowsill. That was three days ago. Would you believe they've all germinated? Yay! I didn't completely screw up my first seed collecting endeavour! I feel so much more confident now....I can totally start my own plants from seed. Totally.
And on a side note, isn't it amazing how pessimism and doubt can spread like wildfire?
1 comment:
Yay, that's awesome! I am nervous/excited about testing out the bean seeds I saved this year...was just looking over them this evening and saying "you better grow when I plant you, darn you!" to them. If I do OK with them I will probably try expanding past beans to other endeavors. :)
Post a Comment