Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can!!!!!

Need I say more??? For too many years a cloud has hung over the American landscape. Financial, environmental, racial, you name it, we were plagued with it. The Pharaoh had nothing on Modern America LOL. But now for the first time in nearly a decade, I have hope for the future. Hope that my kids can achieve anything they want to. Hope that America's good name will be restored. Hope for an end to a senseless war. Hope for an end to the corruption and greed of Corporate America. Hope for a leader in touch with his constituency. Hope for real change in America.

As I listened to the polls last night and watched as the results were tallied, it was fascinating to hear how the public was sliced and diced to fit into particular categories. Females age 19-26. Males 45-70. College educated. Black. White. Hispanic. Church-going. It's not enough to be clumped into one or another political party. After that, you're semi-clumped into another category. It's no wonder there's so much division in America right now. It's all about "Us Vs. Them." Please don't categorize me, I'll categorize myself, thank you very much. Call me a Blue Dog Democrat. I believe that the folks who make the most should pay the most, that you shouldn't fool around with someone's gun and that it's not nice to hurt babies. Label that, CNN and MSNBC!

I know there are a lot of angry, bitter folks out there right now, and to you I ask this question...can't we all just get along???

No comments: