You can probably tell by the infrequency of my posts for the last couple of weeks that things have been slightly amiss at Chicky Bit Run. Nothing serious. Really. There's been an ongoing battle of the wills between Isaac and myself. He's growing into a little man with ideas of his own, and well, I'm still the Mommy. So there's been a lot of tension as he toes the line, tries to get away with murder and pushes all the wrong buttons. So yeah. Tension.
After a particularly difficult week, where I seriously considered pulling my hair out strand by strand, we sat down for a Christmas movie before bed. After several minutes of arguments (No Isaac, "How It's Made" is NOT a Christmas movie!) I used the 'because I'm the mommy and I say so' card and put in the Polar Express. After a few initial minutes of fussing, he sat down and started to watch. By the end of the show, Jeff, Mara and I were snuggled on the couch, and Isaac stretched out on the floor between the couch and the coffee table, under blankets, quietly watching the movie. 2 hours of near silence. Can you put a price on that? It was pure bliss. After teeth-brushing, he rocked with Jeff for a few minutes and fell into a really sound sleep. Let's hope it's for the entire night LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment