Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Took The No Poo Challenge....

and it's a winner. I can't believe the difference in how my hair feels and how it lays. I have no tangles. I have no bristly ends. I have no day-after scalpy odor. It is an unbelievable difference. I am using conditioner on the ends once a week but that's the extent of my use of styling products.

I am simply speechless that something so simple can do such an effective job on your hair. I've heard of using lemon juice for highlights, and mayo as a conditioner, but whoever heard of baking soda as a shampoo and vinegar as a rinse? Needless to say, I'm thrilled. The site I got my info from also suggested essential oils in the rinse...tea tree for itchy scalp, lavender for adding healthy oil to your hair, etc., and that's my next adventure. I've used tea tree oil for cleaning before, and it does do an effective job. And I DO know they use it in Head & Shoulders, so I guess that's not such a stretch, right?

I'll update on the essential oils aspect of the experiment later.

No comments: