I'm not one huge on 'things'. I like 'things', but they really don't matter that much to me, especially new 'things'. So when Jeff asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I started making a mental list. Cookie sheets. That was all I could come up with. Pathetic, huh? I could say a 3 carat diamond ring, but what would another ring amount to? Seriously pathetic.
Well, when I saw my kids' pictures at the studio last week, I *knew* what I wanted for Christmas. Good portraits of my darling beautiful kids. *That* is something I can get excited about. So today I picked up my Christmas presents and they're already hung, and OH How Beautiful! I haven't been so excited over a Christmas present since we bought ourselves a metal detector years ago. Every time I walk past those pictures and see their big blue eyes and white-blond hair, I can't help but giggle. And yes, my eyes well up in tears, just a bit.
They're ours for such a short time. It seems like just yesterday that we brought Isaac home from the hospital....a fat little baby with a huge head LOL. And Mara, she was soooo small. She wore preemie clothes for nearly 2 months and could only sleep laying on my chest sitting upright. How the time has flown! Now when I get flustered at them, I just try to remind myself that it's all small stuff, for the most part. That when they're all grown up, I'll laugh at Mara drawing on make-up with washable crayons. And I'll laugh at Isaac finger painting Mara with a brand new tube of Desitin.
So before I start crying, again, I just want to share with you how thankful I am for my healthy, happy, albeit rotten little kids. Never forget to count your blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment