If you know me, you know I'm a big sap. But generally it's reserved for home life, old movies and weddings. Today, Isaac made me bawl like a big baby. In public. In plain view of everybody.
You know Isaac; he's lively, energetic, a bit impish at times. He's never been still for more than a few minutes at a time, unless he's asleep. So imagine when sentimental me takes him to get photos....it just doesn't work. He'll get bored in the waiting room and flat out refuse to cooperate. As a result, it's been two years since I have a professional picture taken of him. This morning I told him we were having pictures taken. He balked at the idea initially, but I bribed him with a chocolate milkshake and he began to see things my way. I told him if he behaved really well and sat still for a couple of pictures, he could have a shake. Deal.
That turkey sat still for 15 poses! Each one more darling than the next. So after our pictures are downloaded onto the computer screen, the photographer pulls them up one at a time, cropping, matting, framing, centering as we go. That's when I saw the money shot. Isaac, in an old flannel shirt and a Ritchie Bros. hat, with his head resting on his crossed hands, quiet and pensive. Like he was just watching and waiting for a combine to come over the next ridge. I broke down and cried like a baby right there in the studio. I'm crying now just thinking about it. I had forgotten just how beautiful he is. He's perfect. He may be a big boy now, but I still see that same little baby face. No matter how big he gets, he'll always be my first baby.
Can somebody hand me a tissue??????
No comments:
Post a Comment